The University of Thessaly, Civil Engineering Department and the University of Naples Federico II, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Department are glad to release the 1st announcement and the call for papers of the 5th EWaS (Efficient Water Systems) International Conference on “Water Security and Safety Management: emerging threats or new challenges? Moving from Therapy and Restoration to Prognosis and Prevention”, taking place in Naples, Italy, from 12th to 15th July, 2022.
The official language of the conference is English.
The Conference will take place at the “Centro Congressi” of the University of Naples Federico II (Via Partenope, 36, 80121 Naples, Italy).
Themes & Topics
- Water security and safety fostering water resilience (e.g.: raw water treatment)
- Sustainable water management in circular economy
- Water – Energy – Food Nexus
- Internet of Things (IoT) solutions aiding water management
- Innovative methods for urban water cycle management (e.g.: smart/mega cities; hydro-energy recovery in water systems)
- Wastewater treatment and water resource recovery facilities
- Non-conventional water resources (e.g.: desalination, rainwater harvesting, yellow water)
- Experimental and computational methods in hydraulic engineering
- Riverine and coastal engineering
- Hydrological response to Climate Change
- Environmental crisis and hazards (e.g.: drought scenarios, Nature Based Solutions NBSs for climate resilience systems)
- Groundwater modelling
The Organizing Committee is glad to announce that Prof. Z. Kapelan (TU Delft) and Prof. D. Savic (KWR Water Research Institute) will give keynote speeches during the Conference.
Further keynote speakers will be announced soon.
The Special Sessions will be announced soon.
Abstracts should be submitted at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ewas5
The abstracts should include the title of the paper, the names and full affiliation(s) of the author(s), the respective keywords (max. 5) and the Conference’s specific theme and topic the paper fits in. The length of the text should not exceed 300 words.
For the preparation of your abstract please download the Abstract Template and use it in preparing your contribution.
& On Site
|Standard*||350 €||450 €||600 €|
|Student**||190 €||240 €||300 €|
|1-Day Participation***||140 €||140 €||140 €|
|Accompanying Person****||150 €||150 €||150 €|
Please note: to submit a full paper (oral or poster) a registration fee must be paid until 31st of March 2022. In case a second paper by the same presenting author is submitted, an extra fee of 80 € is applicable. Also, for the third paper (maximum submission for the same author) an extra fee of 80 € is applicable.
*Standard fee: includes admittance at the welcome/ice-breaker reception, five coffee breaks, one lunch, the official Gala dinner. It also includes the Conference E-Proceedings.
**Student fee: includes admittance at the welcome/ice-breaker reception and all five coffee breaks. It also includes the Conference E-Proceedings.
***1-Day Participation fee applies to only those attending the conference and not to the authors. It includes admittance at two coffee breaks and the official Gala dinner.
****Accompanying Person fee includes admittance at the welcome/ice-breaker reception, one lunch and the official Gala dinner.
A technical visit is also planned. Further details will be provided in due time.
Proceedings & Special Issues
A USB stick with the full papers will be distributed at the Conference. All papers presented at the EWaS5 Conference will be published in an open-access journal. All papers (after at least a 70% revision of the version presented at the Conference) will be eligible for publication in special issues of SCI Journals with an Impact Factor, following a standard peer-review process. The Scientific Committee will select the best three contributions for the paper awards. The titles of the journals will be announced in due time.
Conference Organizing Committee
- Vasilis KANAKOUDIS and Prof. Maurizio GIUGNI (Chairmen)
- Prof. Evangelos Keramaris and Assoc. Prof. Francesco DE PAOLA (Vice-Chairmen)
- Stavroula Tsitsifli and Dr. Francesco PUGLIESE (Conference Managers and Secretary)
- Anastasia PAPADOPOULOU and Prof. Giovanni PERILLO (Communication Managers)
- Prof. Luigi CIMORELLI, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea D’ANIELLO, email@example.com
- Prof. Oreste FECAROTTA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Francesco PUGLIESE, email@example.com
- Stavroula Tsitsifli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract Submission Deadline: November 15th, 2021
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance: November 30th, 2021
- Full Paper Submission: January 31st, 2022
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Naples in July 2022
Stay tuned for further details and updates on the official website of the Conference.
Prof. Vasilis Kanakoudis and Prof. Maurizio Giugni (Conference Chairmen)
Assoc. Prof. Evangelos Keramaris and Assoc. Prof. Francesco De Paola (Conference Vice-Chairmen)
EWaS5_1st Ann & Call for Papers
EWaS5_1st Ann & Call for Papers_flyer