The CMCC Foundation is a scientific research center on climate change and its interactions with the environment, the society, the world of business and policy makers.
Our work aims to stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop strategies for the adaptation and mitigation of climate change.
Our Division of Regional Models and geo-Hydrological Impacts (REMHI) is looking for a new position of hydraulic/hydrological modelling expert, to support the division team in exploiting research activities, participating to research projects and delivering research papers for peer-reviewed international journals.
The job location is CMCC REMHI Site in Caserta (CE), Italy.
We are looking for a motivated person with the following requirements:
- M.Sc. degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Hydraulic or Environmental Engineering with focus on catchment hydrology, groundwater and/or urban drainage (in order of preference);
- Solid knowledge of Flood and Flood Hazard modelling in urban and natural catchments, Statistics of extremes and Extreme Value Analysis, Groundwater modelling (one or several);
- Experience with MATLAB, ArcGIS, R (one or several). Familiarity with the most common rainfall-runoff modelling tools (e.g. HEC-HMS, SWMM or others) is particularly appreciated;
- Experience in writing research papers for peer-reviewed journals (first author position is particularly appreciated);
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in team;
- Fluency in English.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
Some fiscal benefit could be applied for repatriated workers or foreign researches/professors, having the requirements defined by Dlgs 147/2015 (for repatriates) or Dl 78/2010 (for foreigners).
We offer the opportunity to join our team through a temporary contract of 10 months starting from August 2022, with the possibility of contract extension based on performance, results achieved and new project opportunities.
Annual salary ranging is from 23-28 kEuros, depending on qualification and experience.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
(Deadline: July 1st, 2022)
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment“.
We will keep your information on file for up to 1 year.
More information https://cmccfoundation.applytojob.com/apply/DfOWAHSGTS/12365-Hydraulichydrological-Modelling-Expert?referrer=20220617063603QWMKRUPVV4AGQK75